Saturday, November 8, 2008

Limes. Very Large Limes.

I've skipped two weeks of updates, becuase this lime-sized tiny human is kicking my butt. Last week I turned a green olive-sized embryo into a plum-sized fetus, single-handedly. And afterwards, I slept all stinking weekend. I made it to church, but not by much.
Either way, I am now eleven weeks along, and safely into the fetal stage, past the embryonic stage. So, most of Tiny Campbell's important organs are coming together nicely. The picture in my book looks more like a human every week. And I'm still incredibly nervous about everything. But I have my first appointment this week, and we will get to hear the baby's heartbeat, so maybe that will calm me down a little.
I was looking at the Baby Gap website today, and I think we're having a girl because you've got to see how stinking cute those girl clothes are. And did you know that Baby Gap has bedding sets and high chairs and strollers? Well, they do. They don't look very practical, and they're not very practically priced, to say the least. But very cute, for sure.
So I got some free magazines from BabiesRUs and one of them had a free newborn diaper as a sample. It's tiny! I woke Charles up this morning to look at it, and he couldn't believe a baby butt could fit in there, either. This stuff is still so foreign to me; I find myself thinking of Tiny Campbell in respect to the products he/she will fit into or use. Tiny butt diapers and rainforest swings and olives and plums and limes.
Also, I know I promised a belly picture every week. That was when I thought I didn't have a belly, though, and now I feel really gross and bloated, and I kind of feel like avoiding cameras at all costs. So forgive me, but there are no pictures this week.

9 comments:

Mollie said...

oh Molly I am so proud of your for growing a fetus!! I miss you terribly...

Janae said...

Congratulation! I'm really happy for you guys. I also loved to read all those week by week guides. And I always thought it was a bit strange how they keep compare the size of the baby to some kind of food.

SMT Family said...

I love this blog Molly! You are fantastic at documenting important life moments in a hilarious and enlightening way. Congrats on your the new fetal stage. Love you tons! smt

Cecily Jane said...

So you realize that if you ever have another child, you're going to have to get another blog, right? When is the madness going to stop???

Birches said...

Hooray for children! We're so excited for you guys.

The Hot Heifers said...

I/m so excited for you and your little lima bean. But stay healthy i'm not sure wha the other aunts would say if my neice came out looking like a lima bean.

Eevi said...

Molly, I read all your cute blog posts like weeks ago and then forgot to comment!

SO gongratulations!! What an exciting time. Hope you are feeling better by now and get to enjoy life more:)

Much love from Arizona and little heat on your way since it's cold in Utah now.

The Hot Heifers said...

What food is your fetus the size of now?...you haven't posted in quite a while, and if you Don't I'm gonna have to assume pumpkin.

The Hot Heifers said...

Ummm...your not even pregnant now.